Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ghosts Among Us by James Van Praagh

James Van Praagh is a very well known Medium who provides comfort and solace to those around the world looking for affirmations that their loved ones are safe and happy on the ‘other side. In this book he shares his experiences growing up with this special gift and how it has helped him recognize the little things ghosts and spirits do to remind us that they are still around, watching and caring for us and ultimately helping us move on. He shares his stories of losing his parents and the ways they showed him and his siblings that they were happy on the other side.

What I find useful about this book is his descriptions of the types of ghosts, spirits and angels that walk among us and how to recognize and protect ourselves from those ghosts who do not have our best interests in mind. He spends time teaching us the practice of meditation and offers several meditations we can use to protect us and keep us safe.

I found myself laughing out loud when he explains that many ghosts attend their own funerals, not just because they want to let their family and friends know that they are O.K., but also because they are curious! He comments that many ghosts remark on the ‘spread’ that the family put out or the outfit that was chosen. It certainly made me think of several of my relatives that have passed on, and brought a smile to my face to think I wasn’t the only person curious to know who would come to my funeral.

No comments: