Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Martian by Andy Weir

Mark Watney is stranded on Mars. He is part of an expedition when a dust storm happens six days into the mission. His crew is able to get off of the planet but Mark is left behind presumed dead. Now Mark has to figure out how to survive. The next expedition isn't for four years, so he needs to make the supplies last and find a way to communicate with Houston.

Through a satellite, Houston discovers Watney is still alive. They are working around the clock to find a way to help him survive. Soon they are communicating but of course nothing lasts. Watney is on his own again but has a plan. Will he make it off of Mars?

I love this book. My coworker told me about it a couple of years ago but I never listen to her! That was my mistake. After I watched the trailer for the movie coming out in October, I had to read it. Best decision I've made about a book!

No comments: